carruthers vs shamrock

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Gripfighter, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

thats great.but cannot be learn by this videos.

.....if Ken Shamrock does a great training video or seminar and I can grab the techinc I ll use it if I find useful.
    but not those clips.
    I cant believe how difficult to You guys to understand some other oppinion????

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. ofomablackbelt

ofomablackbelt Valued Member

carruthers lets not kid our selves

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I'm not saying that demonstrating techniques against complient colleagues has no merit or shouldn't be recorded on videos at all. What I am saying is that also demonstrating them against resisting opponents proves both the demonstrators skill level and the effectiveness of the techniques.

If you can never make it work under those conditions in training you can be sure you'll never ever ever make it work 'for real'.

4. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

What I am saying is no matter techincs in real situation when you ve forced by insticts.
    nothing to do with techincs.
    if you where say there is timing and fighing measure skill demonstrated I would 150% agreed about skills.but I was talking about techincs and learning after real fighting videos by Shamrock and I was a lamer because I disagree with Pro guys here about this topic.

basically it shows to me if someones have 2000 post here they words means no acceptations for different oppinion and all their "mates" are following their prophet.
    would be nice to those smart guys could stop for just seconds and try to understand differences in oppinions.
    dont you think?

I am more fancy to learn here than fighting in stupid coversations.
    actually I tried to find topics to share technincs but havent found much and not many usefull stuffs yet.
    may i need to dig it deeper...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

But you can train to use/modify those instincts.

I'm not sure I follow this so sorry if I've got it wrong, but there are skills and techniques demonstrated in many videos of real fights, they just don't look like kata.

I honestly don't think this is the case. I disagree with any number of people on here who have thousands of posts on some issues, maybe not on others. It's about individuals and opinions not post count.

I don't think anyone's attacking you Sheever, they're just arguing a different viewpoint, it's not personal.

Can I ask something without wanting to sound rude? Is English your first language? I don't mean that to attack you, just that it is difficult for me to follow your posts sometimes.

Mitch

6. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I ve just checked the topics where guys asking abut stances and solutions to avoid hook.
    was a big surprise to see where are those pro fighter answers disappeared when techincal question comes up...
    dont get me wrong I am not the one Who judge peoples about their abilitys not as here some of them brave enough to do that with anybody.... even with not known members..
    it means a lot to me...I would love to drink all their speeches about great techical stuffs but nothing I can see so far...

even if some questions comes up I can see 3 peoples to give some fine handy answer all other talking about nothing literatully.

7. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

thanks for your post.not I am Hungarian.I ve apologized already in my previous post.very hard to pull it out what I wanna say but I try my best.

for your first answer

this was no question at all Sir.you can sharpen it yes.but still nothing to learn techically from this clips. check back the conversation you ll see my point I am sure and also I can see your attitude far different than the previous posters.

for your second answer

I dont believe in Kata I truly believe it totally useless unless you go for belt exams whatever.thats why I try to learn JKD.I am looking for techincs for counterstrike also intercepting techincs to cutt into the hit and stopping the opponent in different stance.and all what JKD means.

thanks again.

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Sorry I missed your earlier posts Sheever, and your English is lots better than my Hungarian (or any other language for that mattter) so thanks for your posts.

Seriously, I think you will find arts that are useful for self defence if you look in the right places. Arts that, though fights may not look exactly like them, will look similar. Look at Kyokushin, Muay Thai, Enshin, early full contact ITF TKD and similar fights and you'll see what I mean. The techniques are there, but obviously not as crisp or flawless as when practiced in the dojo/dojang/gym.

But if your mind is set on JKD then I wish you nothing but good training that you enjoy and find effective.

Mitch

9. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

thanks

I ve trained many years ago for JKD but was nothing in my country to learn JKD so I had to try from Bruce books.
    I ve learned Muay Thai for few years and boxing also lots of sparring.
    now I am in London since 2005 so I just back on track and stick it with JKD again.I wont train anything else.
    I am still too fanatic (seriously) and as Carruthers not close enough unfortunetely I decided to learn from all videos I ve found and bought.
    I know is not the perfect solution but for me not enough weekly 2 hours of training as I already do 5-6 times 2-3 hours a week.

there is a guy in Nottingham Who posted many videos on youtube and I found very useful.
    their pages:
    JKDselfdefence.com
    might you know them.
    Notthingham also too far so I need to be greatful what I ve get...:)

there are the clips

http://www.youtube.com/user/theawakener7#p/u/43/EAM2v_3eQi0

cheers for your advices

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  10. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

no matter basically its full contact or not I just wanted to learn the most opened sytem and I ve found JKD for this desription.
    apart from Muay thai and Kali I dont know any sytem so open than JKd (I dint spend ages to look after all but I did follow few of them)
    forexample I hate the fist poitions on side of hip and chest totally make nonsense in bodywise just blocking me to defend myself and keep my stance chilled.
    nothing wrong with them if they know the explanation ( I am sure they are) but not for me.
    also I just dig in into trapping and I ve found very interesting and useful in different situations.can not be use very often but sometimes enough just once :)

11. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

If you're implying that martial artists who train for competiton are generally less technically minded than those who train mainly for self defence I would have to strongly disagree.

I think generally on this forum technical questions are taken seriously and are answered as well as we can. If you've got any questions why not post a thread and see?:)

Also for the record I don't think there are actally very many pro fighters on this forum apart from Axelator.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  12. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

will try on you guys :)
    Topic just started..

no doubt they have skill and techically experienced enough.I am saying its too closed sytem for me and I dont want to learn something I feel not comfortable enough or unnecessary movements.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  13. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

ahem!

14. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Now edited!

15. Master Betty

Thank you! :D

16. icefield

icefield Valued Member

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

its fast and impressive.

18. Master Betty

Many things are fast and impressive, the average internet geeks love life for example, but it doesn't mean they can fight any better.

19. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

There is some truth mate :)

but to be fast as hell half way to the win.
    keep your love life out of here ;) (kidding)

20. icefield

icefield Valued Member

this is true and partly why the SBG guys left JKD i believe

marcello garcia posts clips at the end of his dvds of him actually using everything he does in the demos in actual competitions

I remember seeing an old ernesto hoost video from japan with him demoing combinations and then you see them in action

if you cant see it fought the same ways you see it taught, somethings wrong