Peace to All, I see that this thread now had too many discussions about so many topics, I just would like to address on a few of that topics, mainly about Groundfighting techniques and Silat in Wars and Battles. For the the first topic, as far as my Silat Style goes, I can summarize as 90% is about the techniques that was passed from generation to generations long time ago, that is the original buahs from earliest grandmaster, to this date still the same as when it was first originated. The other 10% is how to use the techniques and adapt it to possible situations and modern fighting scenarios. We can be attacked in so many way, anytime of the day, and mostly without a warning. We must always be on alert; while walking, sitting, lying on the mat, or even sleeping (by saying prayers :Angel: ). Also there are thing that our ancestors had never encountered when the silat was created; high kicks (long time ago Malay people rarely, and I mean rarely, kicked obove the waist line), guns, nightsticks, nunchakus and many others. So for my opinion, we must use our time to train, maybe just for a short period of time, on how to face this unsuspected situation. We never know when is our unlucky day, and how it's going to be, so let us just, even if not prepared, have knowledge to make the right moves. About Silat in Wars and Battles, I never seen one live , nor their videos , nor still images too . But here we do have historic records of soldiers using silat to defend the state from foreign attackers. The foreign attackers didn't use guns and same as the defending army, they all used native martial arts and weapons in the battle. That's all I have to say here, hope it helps in one way or another.