most of you dont know "much" let me explain

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by InsaneSocrates, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsaneSocrates

InsaneSocrates New Member

most of you ppl on this forum dont know anything about fighting.. For one, calling it Jeet Kune Do, you have already screwed up. it isnt supposed to be called anything because it isnt a style. QUOTE:::Using no way as way, Using no limitation as limitation. - Bruce Lee.

If you guys did know anything about bruce lees fighing method, you would know that your not supposed to have any style, or a certain way. I would think that if bruce lee was still alive today he would be truly ashamed of most of you.. Although, it is possible i am wrong, if this is true then i apologize to burce because i havent fully understood his philosophy.

Unfortunately i do not believe that i am. "You pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup" you have to be able to adapt to any and all situations and most of all, be like water... Hell im reading these posts by you guys and im lmao because you guys are really funny. if you really think that there is an actual way to his method, you need to seriously rethink this.. Watch the movie Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey and then think about it. I have totally tought myself with no help from anyone else and i make my own weapons out of everyday items. Everything i have achieved in the world of fighting is of my own doing, this is something i am very proud of.

Now try to prove me wrong.. because seroiusly if i am wrong i would really like to know.. if not then most of you should SERIOUSLY TRY TO RETHINK YOUR WAYS TO ATTAINING SKILL. the key is to search for efficiency not tradition.

And even though socrates once said "read other mens books, so you can achieve in a night what they have in their lifetime" many books are of different theories, which *I* believe to be incorrect. they are good for 2 things, showing off, and getting physically fit. Although they do help you beginners with learning the basic ways to throw a punch or kick or elbow etc etc without hurting yourself..

Prove me wrong..

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That's one way of looking at it. You make some valid points - and you miss some too. Lose the attachement to "things Bruce" and you may be onto something.

Prove you wrong? Not interested - gotta go train.

3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hello,

I appreciate your entitled to your opinion and we (Mods/Members) welcome them - but being aggressive in your posting and challenging others is not a good way of doing it. Just 'cos you know a few lines from Socrates and have read all of Bruce Lees manuals (which I hasten to add have probably been written by others or edited by others) doesn't make you an expert any more than any one else who does this. Unless you have trained under Mr Lee your opinion is as valid as others.

To any members that post after this - please keep your posts to the content of the "queries". You have nothing to prove - its just your opinion and how your can back up "your" experience that counts.

4. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

* pulls up a chair and a bag of popcorn and waits for the inevitable show *

5. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Sit's down beside ya & hopes it's salted with no butter

6. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Oooo! Popcorn? Can I stay and watch too?

7. Tika

Tika New Member

Me too me too.... Ill even promise not to tackle anyone.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Lets see if I follow you so far. Your saying that anyone who follows a certain "style" of martial arts is already wrong. And that only Bruce Lee or his students are true fighters. Since you didn't train under Bruce Lee, then you are also wrong. Follow me so far? Defend your position without mentioning Bruce Lee please.

9. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Here Tika! I saved you a spot!

*hands Tika bowl of popcorn and a pop*

10. Tika

Tika New Member

oooh... *sits next to Mrs Owt* Thank you :).

11. b33p

b33p New Member

oh oh me too

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Bruce told me he forgives you! :Angel: ...

13. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Will the funny man come back?
    Insane if you are serious then I apologise but you are not coming across very well here.
    Maybe if you could post some video?
    What have you acheived in the world of fighting that you are so proud of?

14. Matt_Bernius

There's plenty for everyone, I went to the store and stocked up on supplies after reading the first post.

15. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

if you ask me this guy either has mental problems or insecure....

16. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

I'm writing just to subscribe to this thread. I want to see where it's going to go!

17. b33p

b33p New Member

obviously he doesnt know much either, for gods sake why preach what everyone already knows

18. hapkidofighter

hapkidofighter Valued Member

... me to

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Whats the odds that one of the following will happen:

1) InsaneSocrates comes back and flames everyone, saying we're all fools who don't see the true path of MA.

2) One of the little Brucie nutriders dives in, makes a huge unreadable rant and gets flamed. By everyone.

3) He'll never come back and we'll continue to scoff popcorn and mock in his absence.

PM me with your bets! :D

*Grabs a bag of popcorn from Matt

20. Matt_Bernius

* passes the salt and butter to kgirl, Tika and the rest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.