shadow boxing

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by basf12, Feb 29, 2004.

1. basf12

basf12 Valued Member

since this is a thai boxing columm
    i wonder how u all practice shadow boxing?

2. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Really only one way to shadow box isnt there?? Just the art you do controls the moves you practice.

When I was taking Muay Thai when just did combos facing a mirrored wall. Combos included all kind of moves: knees, elbows, punches, kicks. And our instructor would walk around and correct our form.

At home I pretend Im fighting an opponent. I also win...he cant even hit me :p

3. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Yeah, its the same has shadow boxing but expanded to include the moves that thai boxing uses.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I tend to work in rounds such as round 1. hands only, 2. legs and knees 3. counterattacking....etc. Then I tend to throw in trips, sweeps, shoots and headbutts, but that is a little outside Muay Thai today!

5. BangkokBabay

BangkokBabay New Member

Shadow Boxing is Shadow Boxing! :rolleyes: I agree with all that everyone added! I start the 1st hands, 2nd some Hands and more Kicks few combinations. 3rd knees, elbows, hands, kicks, many combinations.

I also choose to work with the same opponent Grifter uses, this one never hits back! I do seem to win often also. :D

:Angel: