The Birth of Jeet Kune Do and How it Grew Into the Ultimate Fighting System

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by ladywarrior, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Sandstorm:RS

Sandstorm:RS Valued Member

Don't go there mate.

2. Sandstorm:RS

Go to a few schools

3. Lord Bathmat

Lord Bathmat Valued Member

ok i will do. thank you

4. Sandstorm:RS

Your welcome. Oh, but DONT DO KARATE! He,he,he.

5. Lord Bathmat

Sandstorm,

Can you explain why you don't like karate? From what i have seen in K1 tournaments Kyokushin do pretty well and looking at their training methods they look pretty good to me.

6. Sandstorm:RS

It's a sport Bathmat, nothing more nothing less.

I'll tell you what, Go take a lokk at Karate and then take a look at Jeet kune-Do. karate is a sport and was developed as such after the second world war and was never meant to be anything more than that or a self discipline system. Okinawan "TE" on the other hand is a different animal all together.
    Please dont ask me to go inyo the history of this as I had all of that on the ninjutsu forum.

Regards

Roger

7. Lord Bathmat

Sandstorm,

but what about boxing, Thai Boxing and Savate? These are sports but again from what i have seen are effective.

LB

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I couldn't give a rats **** about your opinion you've already proven it's worthless. I've earnt my stripes and have the balls to pit my name and person to my opinions and I sleep well at night. You on the other hand. Well as Roger said. You are the weakest link.

Like I said. Gossip monger. He said this about you. They said that about you nah nah nah nah nah!

You need to get out more.

9. Lord Bathmat

not being rude pat i couldn't give a monkey's about yours that is why I disagree with you so much.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  10. Sandstorm:RS

BATHMAT!

Pat and I have split blood, sweat and tears together and had earned our stripes probably when you were still in nappies young man. A relationship betwenn two fighters who have traind together for many years runs deeper than your thought process, so if you are insulting Pat, you are insulting me as well!!

If you decide to wind your neck in and want to ask a question fair enough but thirs no need to be obnoxious and rude. is that fair comment??

Sorry Pat had to say something mate.

Regards

R

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

We are both right in our way. As a general rule if you are looking for training that can prepare you for a real fight then you should avoid karate. It can be great for many things but generally speaking RBSD isn't one of them.
    However, if you find the right instructor who has looked into his karate and gone back to the roots of the system as a civilian self protection art then you can get self protection training as good as anything else.
    I'd place Iain Abernethy's training in the same league as any purely SD instructor. And he uses kata and can be seen wearing a gi!

Sandstorm made a generally correct statement. I qualified it by mentioning how things are better than they used to be and are moving in the right direction in some quarters.

And for the record...don't accept anyone's opinion. Read it, digest it and work it into your own understanding. :)

12. Pat OMalley

don't worry about it mate these guys come and go and change as often as I change my underwear. Their cowards hiding behind a keyboard who have not got the nads to say things to people faces. You see it all the time.

I want to feel brave today so I will have a pop at someone higher up the tree but when it comes to actually putting your money where your mouth is they crawl straight back under their rock. Their laughable and weak little wimps who get beat when they shadow box themselves.

The are but a single cell and the backside of a knatts ****.

Don't sweat it mate

Best regards

Pat

13. Sandstorm:RS

Thats a fair comment "PASmith". If any style (including Karate) can adapt the principles of personal protection I would respect them for that.

Please be aware PMSmith, that Bathmat is desperately trying to gain information which I can fully apreciate and admire but he is going about it the wrong way by insulting senior instructors

kind regards

Roger.

14. Sandstorm:RS

Fair enough mate but he doesn't know you and I do.

I have a feeling that he is quite young and very keen to learn but doesn't quite know why he is getting a bashing.

regards

R

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I don't think bathmat is looking for anything other than a reaction or someone to agree with him so he can punch the clown about how awesome his opinion must be that he found another gibbering simpleton to share it with him.

He has displayed crass ignorance, ill-educated and inflammatory opinions and in intellectual and martial terms could not not hit an elephant on the ass with a handful of rice.

His parting shot against Pat proves that he is operating at a sub-normal level and will basically stick his tongue out and go "nyah, nyah" rather than hold a cogent argument.

In short.....

[​IMG]

16. Pat OMalley

I beg to differ. He thinks he knows me and he has done more than he cares or has the balls to admit. He's one of those not interested in grade types because he quits rather than put hard work in.

Let him have his moment of glory. He feels important right now and is happy in his own little world. At least that's a positive for him eh!

Like I said same old Roger giving people too many chances and making excuses for them. Until of course the rub you up the wrong way then its back to the old full contact sign language for the hard of hearing eh! Hehehehe.

We will have to get together sometime soon mate and share a few war stories and compare notes to see how we changed over the years. Not much I bet?

Best wishes

Pat

17. Pat OMalley

Bwhahahaha I like that. Its better than mine. Can I nick it?

Best regards

Pat

18. Pat OMalley

Looks like bathmat disappeared for a bit. Probably gone to look in the dictionary for something intelligent to say? He could be some time hahahaha

Let me help you there old fella.

OPINION = A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert:

Oh sorry you can't use that can you because your not an expert not even at trolling.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Be my guest!:D

20. Sandstorm:RS

Point taken Mate, I guess I am still new to MAP and I can't believe that some people can be so incredibly crass.

Yes we will have to meet up mate and I am looking forward to it.

Keep then Darn Sticks away!!!

regards

R