What A Joke , Thaiboxing On Ch5 Every Sat. It's Fake

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by gadjang, Mar 7, 2004.

1. gadjang

gadjang New Member

Hi all,

I am a Thai but currently studying in England. I must say I have been following the Thai boxing programme on CH5 at about 1.00AM on Sat for a few weeks now. And i must say i am very confused by what i saw. A lot of the time the fights are between a Thai against a British boxer. The things is that on TV the commentators said that these thais are champions from thailand but I have never heard of them!!! They are not champions at all, they are not even in top 50 in Thailand.

What's more , is that the thais ALWAYS lose!!!

In some match, the British boxer win and then crownded world thai boxing champion!!! it's really make me angry and want to laugh at the same time and the Boxer who win thinks he really just beat a Thai Champion from Thailand have no idea that the boxer he beat was an amateur.

I think what is happening is the the thais are being PAID to lost the fight, as most unsuccesful thai boxer doesn't earn much, maybe 100 pounds a month. And probably being paid several hundreds pounds to lose a fight, of course they'll do it.
    I think it's just a marketing tools to promote Thai boxing in England and encouraged more British to take up Thai boxing. Because if they think they can beat a real thai, then maybe they'll be more British taking up the sport.

What i want to see is A REAL CHAMPIONS from BANGKOK to come and show the people of BRITIAN how good authentic THAI BOXING is. and i also want to say, you know all those fancy moves like turning round then elbowing your opponants, or jumping and and try to elbow your opponant in the head, or spinning back kick, those are so uncommon in a real thai boxing fights in Thailand, the basics is what is more important and that is the winning key!

Jak, a thai who want to see some honestly in muay thai in uk.

PS. i saw the thai boxers are from samui camp!!! what da ==== ????

Samui is a tourist island in thailand whcih is full of western people, probably that's how the owner of the amateur camp get in touch with a tv promoter in the UK to send some amateur thai boxers to uk and pretend lose for a fee.

PS2. who ever saw the thai boxing on CH5 last night, the boxer called YING YAI,, some of you may remember, i dunno where they dig the mother f----- from but he fight like a wrestlers, giving the wrong impression to british people of how thai boxing should be like.

PS3. if you guys want to know what a REAL thai boxers fights like you should all visit Bangkok, at LUMPINI ring. That's a authentic thai real professional boxers, those you see on CH5 are fake ones,,, just imagine, no one in thailand have ever heard of them!!! so funny the british can win THAI BOXING WORLD CHAMPION TITLE from fighting an amatuer boxer that have been paid to lose the fight...

any comment please??? :Angel:

2. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

wow!
    I have to say that I always thought the Thai's that where being paraded where not the real deal I watched one of them and thought surely they can do better than him (cant remember name sorry) he was doing a good job of annoying the crowd but very little else.

3. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

There's no point in trying to market thai boxing as something that it isn't, but I guess it's easy to show people anything and they'll believe it because they don't know any better. I'd certainly agree that most of the fancy stuff is to be reserved for movies, and that sort of thing wouldn't realistically be used in preference over something that is simple and effective.

I've never watched that programme on Five, but if what you say is true (and I don't doubt that it is) then it's quite disappointing that this false image is being created.

4. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Of all the fights I have seen the thai fighters fought pretty hard and there did not look like any signs of cheating. I personally have never seen andy fighter praised as a thai 'champion' but they usually have a pretty reasonable fight record similar to the british fighters (from the ones I have seen anyway). As for the flashy moves; everyone is an individual. If a fighter gets in the ring and tries to pull off a flashy move and it works, then how can you say that it dos'nt work. Muay thai is not just about the 'bread and butter moves'. i.e jab, cross, round kick, leg kick, teep. 'Flashy moves' if executed properly have the element of surprise. The spinning elbow is also a good way of shedding punches, and delivering a very powerful blow to the head even though it is considered a sacrafice move.

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Welcome to MAP gadjang. :D

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

We all know, (well the people with commen sense) that when someone wins a World champ belt, they aint really a world cham because they havent fought everyone in the world.

From the Thai vs Brit matches ive seen, the Thai's normally were hard as nails... stood there, took the punishment easy then gave it back two fold...

I still love to watch it tho, no matter who the fighters are... I don't care who wins, brits or Thais, there all human regardless of race... i just love to watch the fights because the two fighters normally fight completely different.

I love watching thai's vs brits simply because the thai fighters are great to watch, the way they move, act and are... they're the bomb :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  7. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

sounds like something's fishy to me. Perhaps they were paid to take the fall? Or was it set up more like an "exhibition" type match?

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Or maybe more like nobody was taking any bribes and they just show normal muay thai matches between boxers of different origins?

I've watched it loads, have seen the Thais and the Brits win. They usually have similar records, and I have never seen anyone faking falls or anything like that.

I have no clue why you made such assumptions.

9. gadjang

gadjang New Member

When u said they ususally have similar record. According to whom? to the commentator? There is a good chance that they aren't real. To be honest in my opinion if you guys notice carefully, well, last night i saw a thai won a match, and he did not even look in the slightest bit "glad" He just seems like he doesn't care if he loses or win a fight, whereas the Brits get all excited and boucning up and down. I mean, that just shows that these thais fighter doesn't care about the results. It's can't be good man. As i said These Thais are amateur i am sure, all i am saying is that i would like to see real thai professionals comes to fight here in the UK, Just want you guys to see the real Thai boxing. unless u guys demand that it won't happen because all those thais' are thinking they can fool you guys with these amateur fighters. Maybe if we all send emails or something, there might be a change.

Also someone said that the special moves that the brits do are just the different fighting style. I wanna say in my opinion these are usually finishing move which are very difficult to perform, but if execute correctly, A fighter only need to do it once and that will be the end for his rival, i personally think the way some brits treat these moves is not what the moves were originally design to do., but well, i am not saying it's wrong, perhaps it's really just a different understanding towards thai boxing. I would understand if i was english and i was learning a martial arts from abroad, perhaps i would want to learn and do the flashy moves.

Jak