Where can I find a 6 foot "banana bag"

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by versatilefightR, Nov 22, 2003.

1. versatilefightR

versatilefightR New Member

Hey I was just looking on some sites, and the fairtex 6 foot unfilled banana bag looks great, but is $140.00 AMERICAN a good price or bad price? I'm new to this so if anyone knows elsewhere online I can order a 6 foot banana bag please reply!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2003
  2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Ain't got a clue mate, what is a 'banana' bag anyway?

Col

3. versatilefightR

I found a nice 6 foot leather heavy bag from http://www.worldorf.com, and its a great price @ $65.00 American unfilled. What can I use to fill the bag when I receive it?

4. *deLeon

*deLeon New Member

If you wanna go hardcore, I know of people who filled it with sand. Most fill it with sawdust. I don't if this helps. Does your bag come with an "uppercut" option? Its a ring proptrusion that goes around the bag.

5. versatilefightR

won't sand be a little too hard?

6. cioGium

cioGium New Member

I don't think sand would be the best option!

I have a heavy bag at home and it is filled with pieces of material and belive me it is hard enough.You should go to a tailor and buy(get for free) pieces of material and fille it. After some time, 2-3 months of practice, the bag will become harder at the bottom and empty&soft up-due to gravitation and kicking- you canfille it some more or if your legs aren't that stronger yet you can empty it and fillet again with the same amout of material. This will make the bag as hard as it was in the begining.
    Succes.

7. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Blitz sport do very cheap good quality punch bags filled and unfilled. I got my 6ft bag from them. I think it is www.blitzsport.com

8. LowBlowJoe

LowBlowJoe New Member

Im not sure but what about Styrophome

9. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I'm sorry, but "banana bag" puts a terribly humorous picture in my head.

10. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

Fill the bag with sand and get a polyester type bag. Leather is cool but will wear out before the polyester type will. I say the sand because it is hard and you will condition your body better. Just my .02

11. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

what about growing a banana tree?

12. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

Do you want me to break my leg????

13. zun

zun New Member

If it does break you, it'll make you stronger :p

14. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

oh c'mon it won't break your leg. You've never kicked a banana tree? It's rubbery in texture because it has a plantlike stem, not wood.

15. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Oh man you guys helped me too I never even thought of filling my heavy bag with saw dust or anything like that. I just went straight for the sand. Its like hitting a brick if you punch to low. Ill have to get some saw dust now. THANKS

16. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

saw dust? try concrete/sand mix...that's fun for you

17. totality

totality New Member

your suggestions in this thread have a terrible habit of being...well, terrible. :D

but versatilefightr, what is the site you got your bag from? that link doesn't work...

18. versatilefightR

19. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

20. totality

totality New Member