You have No Problem...

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by JeetKuneDero, Aug 1, 2008.

1. JeetKuneDero

JeetKuneDero Valued Member

I was a little down when some one sent me this clip. Many of you on here - chop, ap, yohan, empress, g, callins, feb, fire, emil, windy, et al, came to mind, as some of you obviosuly take your training to heart and I've come to respect you for that. Enjoy your weekend.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQKUYQ_WgQ[/ame]

2. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

I remember when i saw this on the local news. more power to him!

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

This guy rocks! I've seen the video - good post though - thanks.

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Thanks for posting JKDero,made my night,just as i was feeling a tad sorry for myself,perfect timing sir.:)

5. february

february Valued Member

Great post Dero....

All I can say is props to the kid....he's a frickin lionheart.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Holy cow! Respect to that guy!!

Wish I had a modicum of that man's drive.

[EDIT]You know, I've been thinking about this the last few minutes. "Wish I had a modicum of that man's drive" is a real copout. He decides to workout, and then he works out. Not like that drive is bestowed on him from up on high. Shame on me, really.[/EDIT]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Very good poin AP,its all in the self talk eh! thoughts are things:)

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Too right!

We just had our second child on Monday. So I haven't really slept much lately. And I'm not really thinking straight. So right now, the idea of a workout of any sort is utterly overwhelming.

At the same time, here's a guy who doesn't let anything stand in his way. And it just goes to show that it really comes down to choice. Do you let circumstances (however striking) stop you?

In his case, evidently, "no."

In mine... We'll withhold judgment until I've slept for three hours in a row. :D

9. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Off topic I know, but congratulations on the birth of your second child.

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah Congratulations AP.:)

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey thanks fellas!

Little guy slept for four and a half hours in a row last night. I've just managed to uncross my eyes for the first time since Monday.

And, in a desperate bid to re-rail this thread, if the gallery is ever up and running again, you can see photos of my daughter as a "baby" swinging a pair of eskrima sticks around. (Yes, rather than take the weapons away from my daughter, I dashed around looking for a camera. Father of the year: No.)

:D

12. JeetKuneDero

Hey Ap - Congragulations on your newborn! Wow! What's the little blessing's name?

Hey, I gotta share this as it ties in with two of my favorite topics - motivation through the will and, the specialness of children.

Some years ago, one of my sisters and her husband had sold their home before finding another so they came to stay with us for a minute. At the time, she was in her 9th month of pregnancy and shortly thereafter a little tyke was born. The first night they're home, it's way late at night and I'm sound asleep, when all of a sudden I begin to hear, at first a little siren, which begins to grow louder and louder. My new nephew!

"Oh God, what the heck are we in for!," I think, ready to go into all that mental nonsense, right?

But I catch myself. "Wait a minute!," I think, "This sound, that's that precious little guy that came home from the hospital a little while ago - the one we all fell in love with. God, he was so tiny.... This sound, it menas he's here, in our lives! That little guy who, who yesterday was an anticpation - he's here! That's him, that's his little roar, that's what we were celebrating!"

Next thing I knew, I'd fallen into a deep sleep - to that sound! Slept like a rock!

I wake up next morning and my sister looks like she's just come back from a tornado - LOL!

"Hey, where's my nephew!," I exclaim, just charged to see him again!

My sister, who is normally a grump, bites at me - "What the heck you so happy about! That "little nephew of yours!" you're so charged up about kept me up all night!" A look in on her face that would've frozen the Incredible Hulk in his tracks - I mean this - LOL!

"Me," I say, "I slept like a baby!"

That night, I was deep in my sleep when 'the little siren' began his little Opera number again! But this time, just as I began to hear it, I merely stirred for a moment, smiled, thought, "Ah, little Nicky (his name). Welcome to my life... that sounds for his mom - give her hell little guy!" and fell back asleep.

Of, course you know the rest. Next morning, my sis looks like shes back from another hurricane and so on...

I was reminded once more that by merely changing what lsomthing meant, by running my own mind, rather than allowing it to just come up with it's own definition, I'd turned what could've been a negative into a celebration!

I wanted to tell my sister, "Hey, this is no different for you than it is for us guys when we have problem car and every morning, in the dead of winter we have to go out in the bitter dark cold to mess with it in order to get it started. Fortunately, I thought of that poor Incredible Hulk, frozen dead in his tracks by that laser beam of hers, and kept my "wisdom" to myself.

You here, on this thread, are no so fortunate - blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - LOL!

Ap, here's to your newborn. Peace - you'll need it - LOL!

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Thanks! His name is Dane. We nearly went with Dan. But, for those of you familiar with the weapons forum, that would've given him the same name as that forum's favourite target of opportunity (well deserved, mind you).

That's a good way of looking at it, though it's much easier to view it that way when you've had some sleep.

Sleep deprivation is used as torture for a reason. :)

Count your blessings you kept that to yourself. No amount of JKD would've saved you. Trust me, it's not the same thing. Not unless you suffer massive hormone shifts before fixing your car. And society places all sorts of weird expectations on you. And you've got a lot of emotional things tied into it, like massive feelings of guilt tied to even momentary bouts of resentment toward the little guys. None of that with a car.

Amen! :)

14. JeetKuneDero

Hah, hah, Hah! With three sisters, this one knew I'd know the above - THAT'S what would've set her off even more! But yeah, count my blessings!

Say, let us know when the pics of the new prince in the world are up!